Skip to main content

I am Back!!!

Hi Everyone

It's been a long time. Probably, 2 years and lot of things happened during this time.
My wife got pregnant in 2015 and we had a lovely daughter born in December 2015. New place far away from home with no second hand to help, I had to take a complete care of my wife and daughter due to the complications she had during pregnancy

This are settling down slowly and I have decided to move back to India due to health issues for my family to recover. It was a hard decision to make with lot of scope and opportunity in the Oracle EPM space that is available in US. I am trying to get pack in pace with all the latest advancement that is happening

Having worked primarily on Essbase for the past 10 years, my focus is completely on Oracle Analytics Cloud which was released on 17-Mar-2017. Seasoned consultants who had an early access to OAC has posted various posts on OAC and what it has to offer. I will not post what other experts have already posted but rather collate all the various posts in one post for all of you to take a look at it before you star reading my detail posts on OAC.

I am very late in the game as I have recently got access to the demo instance which Oracle provide to partners (Stay tuned for my next post) and started looking at the OAC. I also had the privilege to attend the OAC training which was conducted by Oracle Development Team exclusively for partners. I loved the training and it was completely opposite to what my initial impression was on OAC specifically about Essbase

More posts to follow.

Happy Learning!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PBCS/EPBCS - ASO exclude shared & Dynamic

As you all are aware that Oracle releases patches to EPM cloud every month (EDMCS is released every 2 months) and the patches are applied on first-week of Friday in Dev and third-week of Friday in Prod I did a post long back about a challenge that I have faced in on-premise and how I have addressed that. New functions were released in Nov-2018 release of PBCS. Below is an excerpt from the readiness document. You can find the document here New Aggregate Storage Functions in Calculation Manager The following Aggregate Storage functions have been added to Calculation Manager. These functions filter the shared and dynamic members from the Point of View (POV). The functions can be used in the POV of an Aggregate Storage custom calculation or allocation. @FilterDynamic(Dimension Name, Member Name) removes all dynamic members from the list of members @FilterShared(Dimension Name, Member Name) removes all shared members from the list of members @FilterSharedAndDynamic(Dimensio

EPM Cloud Tips & Tricks - #1

The first EPM cloud product was released in 2014 and it's been six years till date. I was recently part of an FCCS implementation project. I know what you might be thinking. Coming from completely essbase and planning background and been working on it for almost 12 years and doing an FCCS project? Well, it turned out that way and it was a change for me too than being in my comfort zone and took it as a challenge.  I have been very busy for over the past one year and I didn't really had a chance or time to get back to my blogging and sharing my knowledge. The project finally went live and I am going to share my bit of learnings. Some of it you might alread know The first tip is going to be an easy one and those who have worked in FDMEE / Data Management in the cloud, you might already know it. But, this is very important when it comes to FCCS as zeroes are valid from Balance Sheet standpoint Data Management by default doesn't load zeroes. Below is a excerpt from the document

EPM Cloud (PBCS/EPBCS/FCCS) - Report Bursting & Reports scheduling

The first product of Oracle EPM cloud was launched in 2014 and it's been 5 years and over the course of these 5 years, Oracle has every EPM product in cloud to what is available in on-premise. With so many products under the EPM belt each with its own functionality, there is a real need to have a single unified reporting tool that can handle all your reporting requirements across all your EPM products at one place. EPRCS (Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud Service) is the Oracle direction to address all the reporting needs for any organization of any size. If your team is responsible for the management, narrative and external reporting with the ability to author, collaborate and a solid approval process, you definitely have to consider implementing EPRCS at your organization EPRCS can connect to your EPM Cloud products, Essbase cloud and also to your Fusion Applications Essbase app. It addresses all your financial, management, narrative and disclosure reporting. I am not goi